Apply to Speak
Thank you for your interest in being a speaker at TEDxYouth@UrsulineAcademy!
The following APPLICATION CANNOT BE SAVED; therefore, review the entire form and make sure you have enough time to fill it out.
There are a few things to know before starting:
- Always say TEDx; never TED when referring to your talk or TEDxYouth@UrsulineAcademy.
- Your talk must be 18 minutes or less.
- Your "Idea Worth Spreading" must be your own and may not address political/religious agendas or directly promote a company, business, or product.
- You will be required to sign a video release form for TED so that your talk may be recorded and uploaded online.
- In this application, you will be required to submit a short video (1-2 minutes), so please be prepared to do so.
- This is a rigorous process and includes many deadlines along the way. Please read the disclosure at the end of this application for more details about the materials due.
Before starting your application, you must verify that your idea is within TEDx Content Guidelines. To do this, please review the following link from TED:
For musicians or performers:
We want to hear why music is important to you. If you have a story of how music has shaped your life please share it. The section “About Your Talk” is a good place to explain the type of music you will be playing, information about the song, lyrics, the adventure of creating the music or your journey on how music has shaped your life.
Here are a few questions that will help you with the form below:
How has music made an impact in your life?
When did you realize you were a musician?
Why should others be interested in listening to music or learning about music?
What is the message in the song you are sharing?
Who influences you most when it comes to music?
Please carefully read the following before submitting your application.
Please note that there is no compensation paid to any speaker giving a TEDx talk. Travel & Accommodation costs are also the sole responsibility of the speaker.
When invited to speak, you will have to sign an agreement that holds you responsible for the electronic delivery, according to a given timeline, of many materials regarding your talk including, but not limited to:
- A Professional Headshot Photo
- A Biography (and an additional shorter version for program guides)
- An Outline of your talk
- 3 blogs about the process (~300 words each)
- 2 Video drafts
- 2 Powerpoint Drafts (optional)
Please do not apply if you feel that you will not be able to meet given deadlines with these deliverables.
Please direct any questions or concerns about this nomination form to Tribe@TEDxUrsuline.com